7 FUN THINGS TO DO IN TAMPA BAY
Are you new to town and looking for ways to get out and mingle and meet some new peeps, do some exploring and just overall have a fun time? Or maybe you live in Tampa Bay already and you’re looking for something new to try – Tampa Bay is such an amazing, progressive, community filled with culture, people of all ages and backgrounds, art, music, amazing shops, restaurants, parks and more! It’s time you get out and take a bite out of the Tampa Bay fun pie! Here are 7 Fun Things to Do in Tampa Bay:
- Go on a mural tour! – Over the past few years, Downtown St.Petersburg has grown into a beautiful community full of artists whose work can be found painted o the buildings of countless street corners. The murals in downtown St. Pete symbolize how far it’s grown and how open-minded and free-spirited the city has become. Visit St. Pete Mural Tour to arrange a tour for you and your friends!
2. Try a KAVA bar! – If you’re in the Tampabay area, you’re near the biggest kava community in the world!! That’s right, there are more kava bars in this area, than anywhere else on the planet. Choose from a variety of atmosphere’s from beach vibes to work-focus, to Alice in Wonderland themes. Speakeasy Kava, which is located in Largo, FL, not too far from the beautiful beaches and about a 20-minute drive from downtown St.Pete is a 1920’s themed kava bar which specializes in kava and kratom tea cocktails. They’ve got a pool table, card games, tv’s, complimentary wifi, tables for group seating and a comfortable bar to chillax at any time – 24 hours a day! Kava and Kratom drinks are made to help you relax and are said to help with pain relief, energy, sleep aid and anxiety. Kava and kratom are used by many as an alternative to alcohol.
3. Visit a Brewery – If you like to consume the occasional alcoholic beverage, Tampabay’s got your back. Craft beer bars have been opening up left and right. If you’re looking for a fun atmosphere with plenty of drink options, give 3 Daughters Brewing a try. With a huge selection of bar games including cornhole, giant Jenga, darts, shuffleboard, cards, and live music on their awesome stage, you’ll never be bored.
4. Vertical Ventures – Have you ever wanted to go rock climbing, but were too afraid or just not in the right environment for it? Enter Vertical Ventures; an indoor rock climbing gym that’s great for both exercise and fun!
5. Sawgrass Lake Park – One of the biggest attractions of Tampa Bay and in Florida, in general, are alligators and with good reason — they’re everywhere! You can see alligators at simple retentions pawns and most parks. Sawgrass Lake Park is a kind of hidden gem. There’s a moderately sized boardwalk that leads up to a tower at the water’s edge where you will see adult and lots of baby alligators just about each time you visit. During the colder seasons, you may not see them as often.
6. Florida Aquarium – A trip to Tampa Bay really isn’t complete until you’ve visited the Florida Aquarium where you’ll get to see marine life that includes dolphins, penguins, stingrays, sharks, coral fish, and more. It’s fun for kids and adults. Great for a date or just a fun outing on your own.
7. Go Out for Brunch! – One thing that Tampa Bay has a lot of is restaurants. Restaurants that serve brunch are especially abundant. Travel along the beaches, downtown Tampa and St. Pete and you’ll find more brunch serving restaurants than you’ll know what to do with. Some of the local favorites are Noble Crust and Sweet Sage Cafe where you’ll find a variety of delicious food choices, bloody mary’s and mimosa’s!
Hope you enjoy your time spent in Tampa Bay! If you happen to try any of these adventures, feel free to comment and let us know how it went!